AHS STARBATCH KAPIHAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
AHS STARBATCH KAPIHAN

Welcome guys in our Forumotion where we may help you find our classmates whatever year you graduated! We are your friends who are basically batchmates of 1977. Come on have coffee with us! Again, thanks for visiting our blog!!!

HomeLog inRegisterGalleryLatest imagesPortalSearchLARRY FRIENDSTERThe Old QT Kapihan
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» “ANG KINABUKASAN” – ARAULLO HIGH SCHOOL BATCH 1977 YEARBOOK
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 9:39 am by Manny.Ace.Fresh

» WELCOME ARAULLO HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATES ... !!!
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 8:32 am by Manny.Ace.Fresh

» Batchmates 77 Reunion
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:08 am by Manny.Ace.Fresh

» What happened here?
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 6:06 am by Manny.Ace.Fresh

» Carbon Raisers Manufacturer India
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 am by sanjay1

» fashion world
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:02 am by ivypiano53

» THIS TOPIC IS CLOSED ...
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:03 am by Manny.Ace.Fresh

» ANNOUNCEMENT ... WELCOME AHS GRADUATES ... PLEASE READ
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:42 am by Manny.Ace.Fresh

» WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS...
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 3:18 pm by labornurse

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Forum
Affiliates
free forum

WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS...

Go down 
+21
ehris_ho
anna
Ehris Torres-Ho
Ramir Sta Ana
NetReyes
jun papa
Audie Amante
Aurora Calaguas
SAM CONCEPCION
Susan Alonzo
Annabelle 'Pye' Ignacio-S
Thelma Pena-Meneses
TRIFEE
Annabelle Tupaz -Gueco
Jaime Dabu
labornurse
elie030460
Roel/Letty Pelagio
ahsmuzikero77
freddienicdao
Admin
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 590
Registration date : 2007-10-22

WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: "The Golden Compass" Movie - here's a WARNING.....   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 10:41 pm

FOR YOUR INFO.

Dr. Mohler's Blog

December 2007

The Golden Compass -- A Briefing for Concerned Christians
Posted: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 at 5:26 am ET
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon-smallprint WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon-smalldiv WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon-smallemail WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon-smalldiv WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon-smallpermalink
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 The_Golden_CompassThe release of The Golden Compass as a major motion picture represents a new challenge for Christians -- especially parents. The release of a popular film with major actors that presents a message directly subversive of Christianity is something new. It is not likely to be the last.
Having seen the movie at an advance viewing and having read all three books of His Dark Materials, I can assure Christians that we face a real challenge -- one that will require careful thinking and intellectual engagement.
Why is this movie such a challenge?
First of all, The Golden Compass is an extremely attractive movie. Like the book on which it is based, the movie is a very sophisticated story that is very well told. The casting was excellent. Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig (the latest James Bond actor) are joined by others including Sam Elliott and newcomer Dakota Blue Richards, who plays the central role of 11-year-old Lyra Belacqua. Kidman is chilling as the beautiful but evil Marisa Coulter and Craig is perfect as Lord Asriel. Actor Ian McKellen (Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings trilogy) is the voice of Iorek Byrnison, the armoured bear.
The movie is very well done and will be very attractive to audiences of all ages. The special effects are superior to any previous movie of the type, including the Lord of the Rings trilogy (also released by New Line Cinema). Everything is in place for this to be a blockbuster at the box office.
Second, the movie is based in a story that is captivating, sophisticated, and truly interesting. Philip Pullman is a skilled writer and teller of tales. His invented worlds of The Golden Compass and the entire His Dark Materials trilogy are about as good as the fantasy genre can offer. His characters are believable and the dialogue is constant -- largely due to Pullman's brilliant invention of a companion for each character -- a "daemon."
The bottom line is that these books and this movie will attract a lot of attention and will captivate many readers and viewers.
So, what's the problem?
This is not just any fantasy trilogy or film project. Philip Pullman has an agenda -- an agenda about as subtle as an army tank. His agenda is nothing less than to expose what he believes is the tyranny of the Christian faith and the Christian church. His hatred of the biblical storyline is clear. He is an atheist whose most important literary project is intended to offer a moral narrative that will reverse the biblical account of the fall and provide a liberating mythology for a new secular age.
The great enemy of humanity in the three books, The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass (together known as His Dark Materials) is the Christian church, identified as the evil Magisterium. The Magisterium, representing church authority, is afraid of human freedom and seeks to repress human sexuality.
The Magisterium uses the biblical narrative of the Fall and the doctrine of original sin to repress humanity. It is both violent and vile and it will stop at nothing to protect its own interests and to preserve its power.
Pullman's attack on biblical Christianity is direct and undeniable. He once questioned why his books attracted little controversy even as the Harry Potter books attracted so much. He told an Australian newspaper that what he is "saying things that are far more subversive than anything poor old Harry has said. My books are about killing God."
Will viewers of the movie see all this?
The direct attack on Christianity and God is toned down in the movie. But any informed person will recognize the Magisterium as representing the Church and Christianity. Of course, in our world the Magisterium is the authoritative leadership of the Roman Catholic Church. In Pullman's world it represents Christianity as a whole.
Indeed, Pullman's tale tells of John Calvin assuming the papacy and moving the headquarters to Geneva, thus combining the Catholic and Reformation traditions into one. In the movie, the Magisterium appears to be located in London. In any event, the point is not subtle.
The most direct attacks upon Christianity and God do not appear until the last book, The Amber Spyglass, in which Lyra and Will (a boy her age who first appears in the second book) eventually kill God, who turns out to be a decrepit and feeble old imposter who was hardly worth the killing.
Is Pullman's attack on Christianity exaggerated by his critics?
No -- his attack is neither hidden nor subtle. The entire premise of the trilogy is that Lyra is the child foretold by prophecy who will reverse the curse of the Fall and free humanity from the lie of original sin. Whereas in Christian theology it is Jesus Christ who reverses the curse through His work of atonement on the Cross, Pullman presents his own theology of sorts in which the Fall is reversed through the defiance of these children. As Pullman insists, Eve and Adam were right to eat the forbidden fruit and God was a tyrant to forbid them the fruit of the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil.
The supernatural element of Pullman's story is "Dust," which is seen by the Magisterium as original sin but is presented by Pullman as the essence of life itself. In The Golden Compass, Lyra is given an "alethiometer" or "golden compass" which is filled with Dust and tells the truth to one qualified to operate it. Readers are told that a great battle is coming in which forces fighting for human freedom and happiness will confront (and destroy) the Magisterium and God.
In the last volume of the trilogy, a character known as Dr. Mary Malone explains her discovery to Lyra and Will: "I used to be a nun, you see. I thought physics could be done to the glory of God, till I saw there wasn't any God at all and that physics was more interesting anyway. The Christian religion is a very powerful and convincing mistake, that's all."
Is there more to the larger story?
Yes, and it has to do with sex. Surprisingly graphic and explicit sex. Pullman believes that the Christian church is horribly repressive about sex and that this is rooted in the idea of the Fall. As he told Hanna Rosin of the Atlantic Monthly, "Why the Christian Church has spent 2,000 years condemning this glorious moment, well, that's a mystery. I want to confront that, I suppose, by telling a story that the so-called original sin is anything but. It's the thing that makes us fully human."
Puberty is a big part of Pullman's concern. Coming-of-age stories are one of the most common forms of fiction, but Pullman's packs a punch that readers cannot miss. He wants to celebrate the adolescent's arrival at sexual awareness. Remember that the child's daemon can change forms until puberty. At that point it is fixed as a single creature that reflects the personality and character of the young adult.
Puberty means the coming of sexual feelings. The Magisterium would prefer that children grow up without experiencing sexual temptation, so it is conducting an experiment in order to separate children from their daemons before puberty, when their daemon can no longer change. This procedure, known as "intercision" makes the child a "severed child" who has no daemon -- and thus no soul. The Magisterium has assigned Mrs. Coulter the job of abducting the children and taking them to the North for this experiment.
As Mrs. Coulter explains to Lyra (who is revealed to be her own daughter) in the first book: "All that happens is a little cut, and then everything's peaceful. Forever! You see, your daemon's a wonderful friend and companion when you are young, but at the age we call puberty, the age you're coming to very soon, darling, daemons bring all sorts of troublesome thoughts and feelings, and that's what lets Dust in. A quick little operation before that, and you're never troubled again."
In The Golden Compass, Lyra and her companions free the children held at this experimental station in the North and destroy it. In The Amber Spyglass, Lyra and Will reverse the story of the Edenic Fall by consummating a sexual act in the garden.
Again, Pullman is not subtle. Keep in mind that this is a series of books marketed to children and adolescents. Lyra puts a red fruit to Will's lips and Will "knew at once what she meant, and that he was too joyful to speak." Within moments, the 13-year olds are involved in some kind of unspecified sexual act.
"The word love set his nerves ablaze," Pullman writes of Will. "All his body thrilled with it, and he answered her in the same words, kissing her hot face over and over again, drinking in with adoration the scent of her body and her warm, honey-fragrant hair and her sweet, moist mouth that tasted of the little red fruit."
Just a few pages later, Will and Lyra will dare to touch each other's daemon. That passage is even more sexually charged and explicit than the first. The adolescents now know "that neither daemon would change now, having felt a lover's hands on them. These were their shapes for life: they would want no other."
What is it about Pullman and C. S. Lewis?
Put simply, Pullman hates C. S. Lewis's work The Chronicles of Narnia. He told Hannah Rosin that Lewis's famous work is "morally loathsome" and "one of the most ugly and poisonous things I ever read." Narnia, he said, "is the Christian one . . . . And mine is the non-Christian."
When the first Narnia film was released in 2005, Pullman described the books as "a peevish blend of racist, misogynistic and reactionary prejudice."
Indeed, Pullman's His Dark Materials is intended as an answer to Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia. What Lewis (and J. R. R. Tolkein) did for Christianity, Pullman wants to do for atheism.
So, what should Christians do?
A good first step would be to take a deep breath. The Christian faith is not about to be toppled by a film, nor by a series of fantasy books. Pullman has an agenda that is clear, and Christians need to inform themselves of what this agenda is and what it means. At the same time, nothing would serve his agenda better than to have Christians speaking recklessly or unintelligently about the film or the books.
This is about the battle of ideas and worldviews. While Christians will not celebrate the release of this film, we should recognize the mixture of challenge and opportunity that comes with millions of persons watching this film and talking about the issues it raises. When the movie is mentioned in the workplace, in school, on the playground, or in the college campus, this is a great opportunity to show that Christians are not afraid of the battle of ideas.
We should recognize that the Christian Church has some very embarrassing moments in its history - moments when it has failed to represent the truth of the Gospel and the love of Christ. Authors like Philip Pullman take advantage of these failures in order to paint the entire Christian Church as a conspiracy against human happiness and freedom. Of course, that charge will not stand close scrutiny, and we can face it head-on with a thoughtful response.
Some Christians have also held very unhelpful views of human sexuality. These, we must admit, would include figures as great and influential as Augustine and, alas, C. S. Lewis. But these figures, rightly influential in other areas of the faith, are not representative in this case of biblical sexuality. We can set the record straight.
Should we be concerned that people, young and old, will be confused by this movie? Of course. But I do not believe that a boycott will dissuade the general public from seeing the film. I am very concerned when I think of so many people being entertained by such a subversive message delivered by such a seductive medium. We are responsible to show them, in so far as we are able, that the Magisterium of The Golden Compass is not a fair or accurate representation of the Christian Church.
I can only wonder how many parents and grandparents will allow children and young people to see the movie and then buy them the books -- blissfully unaware of what is coming in books two and three.
The Gospel of Jesus Christ has enemies; this we know. Christian parents must be informed about His Dark Materials and inform others. We must take the responsibility to use interest in this film to teach our own children to think biblically and to be discerning in their engagement with the media in all forms. We should arm our children to be able to talk about this project with their classmates without fear or rancor.
Philip Pullman has an agenda, but so do we. Our agenda is the Gospel of Christ -- a message infinitely more powerful than that of The Golden Compass. Pullman's worldview of unrestricted human autonomy would be nightmarish if ever achieved. His story promises liberation but would enslave human beings to themselves and destroy all transcendent value.
The biblical story of the Fall is true, after all, and our only rescue is through the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The curse of sin was not reversed by adolescents playing at sex in a garden, but by the Son of God shedding His blood on a cross.
So let's get our bearings straight as we think and talk about The Golden Compass. This movie does represent a great challenge, but a challenge that Christians should always be ready to meet.
Back to top Go down
https://ahsstarbatch.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I LIKED THE WAY BRONS WROTE IT.....   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 9:01 am

At My Father's Grave

<BLOCKQUOTE>My father died on July 7, 1995. We buried him Tuesday, July 11, and my mother asked me to say a few words at the funeral. I don't think I could really do the man or my feelings justice, but I tried. Here's what I said. </BLOCKQUOTE>WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Papaman
I'll miss my father, I already miss him, greatly... I'll miss his stories, his laughter, the fire of his opinions, and especially the quiet strength of him. Yet, I think it's one of the truths of the world that the people we miss the most are also the ones that we can't miss, because we carry so much of them with us.
What can you say about my father? He was something of a paradox, I think. On the one hand he stands out in my mind for his stories, his wit, and the fire of his opinions. Anyone who's argued with him, and that's quite a few of us, knew that he had strong opinions and argued them with zeal. On the other hand, at the same time, he was a quiet man, who kept a lot of what he felt on the inside, someone who taught more by example than by lecture.
Did he believe that there was something for us after death? I don't really know. I asked him about God and the after life years and years ago. He explained to me what agnosticism meant to him, that you could never really know, and know that you were right. You could believe, you could have faith, but you couldn't know. And he said that he thought that God wouldn't be as great, nor faith as important, if it were possible to know. We never discussed it again, but what he said affected me all my life. For questions like that he didn't teach by giving me the answers, but by getting me to ask the questions and answer them myself.
I'll never, in this life at least, be able to go to him for any more answers, but as long as I live, I'll do what he taught me... ask the questions, think, and find my own answers. And in my heart and in my memory, he'll be there by example, guiding me. And with him will be his stories. He was full of stories. There was nothing he didn't have a story or a joke for. And he was always such a wonderful subject for stories.
Sad stories about the little boy, shut up in a crate and rolled down a hill by bullies. Stories about breaking in with his friend Jim Fink to the doctor's office so they could memorize the eye chart and pass the medical to join the Navy. Stories that end with a father looking down at a little boy, dazed, scared and bruised and saying simply, "Don't do that. You could hurt yourself." Stories about the man who unscrewed the table leg that came between him and the pretty woman sitting next to him at a dinner party. Stories about the fellow, out sailing, faced with bad weather rolling in who looks up and yells, "Knock it off, Lord." only to have the weather roll away. Stories about anchors thrown overboard before they were tied to the anchor rode.
I could tell stories about that man all day, all week, all year. I won't just now, but I carry them in my heart, and so, though I'll miss him more than words can ever say, I'll have him with me, inside, and never, never really miss him. He's in everything I do, and everything I am. If you ever need a story about him just ask... Or hang around a bit, they burst out on their own.
One of the last full sentences he ever said to me was that he ought to go off and "set old Bill [Shakespeare] right on a few things." Somehow, I expect that Bill's now learning what a lot of us know, what an experience it is to know my father. And his stories will never be the same again.
Here lies Jim Burrows, my father, designer, inventor, historian, artist & storyteller. I'll miss him.
Thank you for coming. Please, join us at his house. It's just down the road. And there's so much more to say and remember.
BronsJuly 11, 1995
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: THELMA, BIBOT & OTHERS WHO MISS YOUR DAD, BROWSE THIS...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 9:07 am

http://www.imissmydad.com/

IT IS SOMETHING, I JUST WANNA SHARE IT..... YOU MAY ALSO POST SOME THOUGHTS ON THIS SITE AND EXPECT OTHER PEOPLE APPRECIATE IT AND SHARE THE SAME SENTIMENTS OF WHAT GREAT LOSS IT IS TO LOSE OUR DAD!!!! JUST HIT THIS ONE... http://www.imissmydad.com/
Back to top Go down
Roel/Letty Pelagio

Number of posts : 216
Registration date : 2007-11-04

PostSubject: A PLEASANT DAY EVERYONE!   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2007 8:29 pm

Hello to all of you batchmates!

It seems, most of us are all busy these past few days. Obviously it's Larry who's been posting here daily. Anyhow, pasensiya na rin kayo kasi medyo tied-up din ang schedule naming mag-asawa.

Larry -> since you're wife is here, siguro naman by this time ay magkasama na kayo (kasi the last time you've said that Frances is in Dagupan at ikaw lang mag-isa ang umakyat ng Baguio? Hope magkakasama na kayo ulit.

Pye -> nice to read what you posted which is applicable to our age, sana nga we can all manage to do all those things by ourselves, but for sure, we all have a strong faith with God & peace in our hearts & minds

Thelma -> how are you? Me & my whole family are hoping that your father is now resting peacefully in heaven. And for you now, hope that you're health is ok, your heart & mind ay panatag naman kahit na nga malungkot na mawalan ng isa sa pinakamamahal mo sa buhay. But sure kaming mag-asawa that your whole family will be there to comfort you, express to you their love & concern like us your friends, we're just here anytime you want somebody to talk or cheer you up! 'OUR HEART IS WITH YOU ALSO'

Mareng ATG, Prislette, Freddie, Jun P., Rudy I. -> musta na kayo, it seems marami talagang busy, we miss reading your posting here

And to everyone -> warm hello & regards sa inyong lahat & to your loved ones too! Wink

Thought for the day: A poet says: "It is possible to cross an ocean without getting your feet wet, but it is impossible to cross life without getting your eyes wet."
Back to top Go down
Thelma Pena-Meneses

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-11-22

PostSubject: Maraming Salamat...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 5:56 pm

To my dearest friends and batchmates, My deepest thanks to all you. You were with me when I needed you the most. Your kind words...consoling smiles...warm embraces... good cheers...and true care... kept me going in my most trying times. My Dad is safely home. All his pain is over...he is now at peace forever, safely home in Heaven at last. I still sorely grieve his absence and each passing time will, for sure, create more stabs in my heart. Forgetting will not be my recourse for his life here on earth will be in vain if I don't relive my fondest memories of him, if I don't remember his legacy and role model his virtues. Thru his inspiring words and guidance in the last 47 years of my life, I will forever keep him in my heart until we meet again when my time comes.

The outpour of messages from Angel Soriano, Rebecca Lacson-Caingoy, Jo Liongson-Leyba, Norilyn Ilagan, Noel Ruiz, Jovel de guzman, Larry Tan, Roel & Letty Pelagio, Trifee Miaco, Susan Alonzo, Pye Ignacio, Rudy I., Prislette & Jun Recidoro, ATG, Dodie Babao, Nanette Mathias, Elie Salvador-Cruz with loving husband Al...and many more... are truly comforting...

Dear Larry, maraming salamat..tunay kang kaibigan. I have received the most wonderful gift this Christmas...the prayers you all offered ...gave me the blessed cloak to accept the inevitable, discern His will, and let go.

Dear Prislette, I heard from Letty that ou tried to call me. I was at the funeral parlor the whole time. Hindi kasi katulad sa States na may viewing time lang. Dito, 24 hours and wake so I was there most of the time. Though we didn't have the chance to talk, the great deed is much appreciated.

The presence of our dear friends made me strong and brave...Annie & Daisy, Val Barroga, Joji, Shirley, Racquel, Leng, Willy Bernabe., Chris Mirang, Nida Mara-Mara, Menard Amoroso, Roel & Letty Pelagio, Sam Concepcion, Rudy I., Elie and Al, Freddie Nicdao, Jun Papa, Felix, Lito Balila., Joey Umali, Otie Estrella.,Vic, Bobby Basco, Vicky Rayos, Wilma, Manny Alvarez and...Bibot Lansang.

My dear Bibot, I saw your name in the registry but I didn't have the chance to see you. Maybe I was with other people and you chose to be there... condoling with your usual quiet and unassuming ways...I thank you...

I am sure I have missed some other names of our batchmates who condoled. Forgive me for my shortcomings...I tried to remember everyone but my mind falls short as I try to keep a brave face in my hours of grief.

If there is one thing that inspired me too was the magic in the air...peace permeated around...I saw Roel/Letty chatting with Felix...oh that was glorious to me. It only affirmed our beliefs that once we see each other face to face, hearts melt. Once we talk it out, like Prislette & Jo, there is reconciliation. Dear Larry, I spoke with Racquel and she cried when she heard about how you were trying to reach out to her. Mahal ka rin daw nya. I'm sure you'll have your personal and private chat. Mga kapatid, sama-sama tayo ulit...

Maraming, maraming salamat sa inyo...
Back to top Go down
Thelma Pena-Meneses

PostSubject: Maraming Salamat...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 6:50 pm

Dear Audie, maraming salamat, friend...Namiss-out ko ang pangalan mo. You are one of a kind. Salamat sa prayers...

Kind regards,
Thelma
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: MY MSG POSTED IN KAMUSTAHAN....   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2007 7:22 pm

Dearest Thelma, if there's one person who can identify with you it's Noreena and me cuz we both lost our father almost during holiday celebration, AT GANUN DIN SA IBANG NAWALAN NG MAGULANG SA KAPASKUHAN!!! Napakasakit ng magpapaskong mawalan ng ama. You were correct to say, it's a stab in the heart. And I am confident that God used this situation to unite all batchmates in one spirit of supporting you. I HOPE EVERYBODY AGREES WITH ME, TAMA KA SI JO AT SI PRISLETTE OK NA AT NANGYARI NA ANG DAPAT MANGYARI BETWEEN FELIX AND LETICIA, NAIYAK AKO KASI KAGIGISING KO LANG WHEN I READ YOUR POST SA FORUMOTION, TENDER-HEARTED ANG BAGONG GISING, AT NABASA KO ANG POSITIVE RESPONSE NI RACQUEL. MAGPATAWARAN NA LANG TAYO RACQUEL, KAPWA TAYO NAGKASAKITAN, ALAM KONG MAY IPAPALIT TAYONG KASIYAHAN SA PUSONG NAULILA NI THELMA WITH THIS GESTURE OF FORGIVING EACH AND ONE ANOTHER. FELIX, BRO SORRY DIN SA NANGYARI SA BAGUIO, MATANDA NA KASI UNCLE KO MID-70S NA AND I REALLY GOT TO ABIDE WITH WHAT HE TOLD ME. PERO NGAYON I GUESS OKAY NA YUN. SORRY DIN.
Thelma, matagal bago mawala ang sakit tama ka, there were some people who advised me before to go unwind in some other places to forget. but i told them, i can't leave the memories that will relive the joys we had together ng father ko in many places that I was with him for 21 years, ang aga kong naulila sa ama ano? I am not sort of an escapist, I'd rather saturate myself with the real world that though will reminisce my past with him causes so much pains in both the heart and my soul!!! I WOULD RATHER SACRIFICE MYSELF IN TOO MUCH PAINS RATHER THAN LOSE HIM AGAIN EVEN IN MERE MEM'RIES ESP. ON CHRISTMASTIME WHEN I WAS CLOSEST TO HIM.... It will take time, si Noreena hanggang ngayon in deep pains pa din sa loss ng father niya, sana magkausap kayo!!!
TO ALL OF YOU BATCHMATES, BUMIBISITA LANG PO DITO SA BAHAY NI ATE, MAGANDANG UMAGA PO AT MALIGAYANG PASKO AT MANIGONG BAGONG TAON SA LAHAT. OO THELMA, MAGSASAMA-SAMA ULIT LAHAT! Sa makakasama sa Christmas party nyo at nabasa ito, pakibati na lang ako sa kanila ng Merry Christmas hane in behalf of Forumotion, salamat po!!! JO, ANG SAYA ANO? SALAMAT SA BOX FOR OUR PUSO SA PASKO, I-POST KO PICS HERE HUH LATER PAGDUMATING NA!!!!
RACQUEL, HAPPY, BLESSED BIRTHDAY TO YOU. MY SCRIPTURAL GIFT TO YOU IS FOUND IN PSALM 90:12 - "SO TEACH US TO NUMBER OUR DAYS THAT WE MAY APPLY OUR HEARTS INTO WISDOM." ONE VERSE THAT I REALLY MEDITATE UPON EVERY "BORNDAY" (BIBOT'S ORIG COINED WORD HEHE) OF MINE. SIGE, ENJOY YOUR PARTY!!!! MAY THE LORD GRANT YOU THE DESIRES OF YOUR HEART ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN!!!!
I ALWAYS FIND IT RE'L TRUE THAT GOD ALWAYS GIVES US A SECOND CHANCE, AND IT'S SWEETER THE SECOND TIME AROUND........
Back to top Go down
Thelma Pena-Meneses

PostSubject: Merry Christmas...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:43 am

My dearest, dearest friends...paano ba naman ako malulungkot kung ang lahat ng nababasa ko dito nakakataba ng puso at kaluluwa. Words are not enough to express my extreme joy to see the harvest of everyone's labours. Sabi ko na nga ba puro pusong mamon tayong lahat...Jo & Prislette alam ko naiiyak kayo sa tuwa...

Larry...napakaganda ng gestures mo...passionate, engaging yet... when the heart calls for it, you will not hesitate to set aside your personal interest and reach out...maraming salamat kapatid. I'm sure marami ang natutuwa hindi lang sa ginawang mong mag-reach out pero sa prayers na inalay mo para lang tayo magka-isa. Pati puso mo muntik nang mapagod pero nandito ka pa rin...

Lahat na yata nagsabi ng maganda sa nangyayari sa atin ngayon at nabigyang pansin ang buting ginagawa ng lahat. Di ko na uulitin kasi I echo the same sentiments. Ang importante, tayong lahat ay nagkaron ng kanya-kanyang roles sa iba't ibang panahon, pagkakataon, porma at pamamaraan. As I firmly believed, the strength of the batch is not so much on how we think alike, act alike, talk alike but moreso on how we are different from each other. We complete each other. There is strength in diversity. Kung pare-pareho tayo na parang clones...hindi tayo magiging malakas.Para lang tayong mga robots. By accepting that we differ from each other and appreciate our individual strengths and weaknesses, we can be a strong collective (parang Star Wars diba). Moving forward...i know that as a collective, we will uphold the principles of seeking to understand and putting ourselves into each other's shoes so we can better appreciate where everyone is coming from.

Sa mga Board of directors....saludo ako sa inyo for leading with passion and humility...marami nang accolades si Val, Racquel and Leng...alam nila kung gano ang pasasalamat ko sa kanila. Gusto ko lang personal na pasalamatan si Joey Umali, Chat, Vicky, Wilma, Joji, Lito B. Shirley, Manny Alvarez, Willy B., Vic, Danny, Audie, Bobby Dasco, Otie Estrella, Christian Mirang, James Cacho, Annie, Nida , ATG, Letty Pelagio, Arvin...mga movers and action-oriented na kabatchmates. Kayo pa lang ang nakatanim sa isip ko sa ngayon but I'm sure marami pang iba akong madi-discover...

Sa ating mga ka-batch na nagbibigay ng inspiration, tahimik na observers and supporters kasama na si Angel Soriano, Rudy I., Audie, and of course our most gracious lady batchmate, Elie Salvador-Cruz... Diba Elie, palagi tayong may goose bumps isipin lang na nagkakasama tayo ngayon and yet di naman tayo ganito ka-close nung high-school?

Sa mga nasa abroad nating kabatch na kahit malayo ay di nagsasawang makibalita at makibahagi...salamat...ang hirap nyo sa kakapuyat na magbasa o isingit ang oras sa gitna ng sobrang hectic nyong schedules para lang maka-kumusta ay di matatawaran (lumabas na yung pagka-batanguena ko)...Jo, Prislette & Jun, Dodie, Pye, Jaime D, Rebecca Lacson, Trifee, Jovel, Aida Millare, Ms. Fuentes, Susan A., Noel Ruiz, Rudy Concepcion., Roel Pelagio, Eleanor Martinez...baka may nakalimutan pa ako...mea culpa...Madaling makalimot kung nasa malayo kayo kasi iba na ang environment at circle of friends nyo pero nandito pa rin kayo...mahalaga yun diba?

Tama si Dwight...sa mga naging leaders nang past and present events natin...utang namin sa inyong lahat ito...Rudy Concepcion, Menard Amoroso,Freddie Nicdao, Jun Papa, Felix Majabague, and now Val Barroga...pillars kayo ng ating batch. We pray for your continued zeal to lead and keep us together. Whether you recognize it or not...you've extended the life blood of the batch. One of these days, pag mayaman na ang pondo ng batch, magkakaron tayo ng sarili nating office or headquarters at ang mga pictures nyo ang nasa heritage building natin...Totoo yan. Nasa vision ko yan...makikilala tayo as the batch who cares and enhance quality of life to people who need it the most.

Rudy I., special mention ka dito sakin para di ka magtampo sakin. Salamat sa pagpupuyat mo nung Thursday ha? Hangang 4 a.m. po mga kaibigan nag-stay si Rudy sa wake ng Dad ko. Kahit huling gabi na nang Dad ko, di ako nagkaron ng chance na malungkot kasi kwento ng kwento si Rudy. Salamat talaga batchmate...
Merry Christmas to all...
Back to top Go down
Thelma Pena-Meneses

PostSubject: Meaningful Poem...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 8:01 am

Hi Trifee, salamat sa poem mo "For Papa". I saved, forwarded and I even framed it. Tamang-tama ang message. Sabi ko naman sa'yo, kailangan na talagang i-compile lahat ng naisulat mo na...puwedeng gawing libro. Sama na rin natin yung mga original compositions ni Rudy I., snapshots of Larry's, Christian Mirang's, Dante Hipolito's paintings, pati na rin ang mga original works ni Menard...to name a few. Ilagay natin sa libro tapos apply tayo for patent...Heto ang artistic treasures ng batch...diba? What do you think cousin Larry? (Does anybody remember that popular TV show noong 70s...Si Larry at si Balky ba yun?)
Back to top Go down
Thelma Pena-Meneses

PostSubject: Kwento Lang...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 9:38 am

Letty...tulungan mo akong mag-kwento sa lahat...lalo na kay Larry...I'm sure matutuwa sya...

The Christmas party was a blast. Grabe ang tawanan, kantahan, sayawan. Nagdala nag maraming 70s songs si Audie at yung iba talagang naka-costume ng pang 70s. Letty was voted as the best dressed female batchmate...o diba? Erly Bird awardee pa yata sila ni batchmate Roel. Yung mga games...sumakit na tyan ko sa kakatawa. May unahan maglagay ng straw sa bote pero ang catch...walang salamin...halata na yung mga malabo ang mata. May game for ladies na unahan na palambutin yung talong...si Elie tinadyakan, inapakan yung talong...gigil na gigil talaga...ako naputol ko yung talong...pinilipit ko kasi...may game na merry go round pero ang catch...yung 10 gents may ipit na talong between the thighs..yung mga ladies...kailangang hawakan ang talong pag tumigil ang music. si Sam ba naman hinihila patalikod yung talong...yung mga ladies tuloy nagugulat kasi wala na silang mahawakang talong!!!

...Grabe talaga sa tawanan. Si Letty yata nakunan ng pictures yung ibang games. Kenkoy talaga itong si Sam. Quiet pero matinik ha-ha-ha. May game naman na may suot na kwintas ng marshmallow ang mga ladies...the gents were blindfolded and wererequired to eat the marshmallows...Si Vicky Rayos at si Eric Baylon ang nagdala ng riot. Cute kasi itong si vicky, siguro 3'9 lang tapos matandang dalaga pero super game and bubbly. Niyakap nya talaga si Eric dahil pagkakataon na daw niyang mapagsamantalahan si Eric. Crush daw nya si Eric nung high school. Sana nandoon ka Larry para nadagdagan ang crush ng bayan. Ang dami palang ma crush kay Eric noon. Eric was in his usual neat and pa-gwapo effect aura ha-ha-ha...Jun Papa was really dancing to everbody's delight...nagagalit ba naman pag tumitigil ang sayawan ha-ha-ha...Di ko yatang nakita si Freddie na nagsayaw...yehey may hinihintay sya pero di nakarating ha-ha-ha...

Nostalgic ang ambience kasi ang emcee na si Racquel ay naka school uniform...

heto ang masaya...maraming bumili ng salonpas, alaxan at efficascent oil today. Lahat masakit ang katawan at legs sa kakasayaw at sa pag-suot ng mga boots na deadly weapon. Sabi nga ni Audie, nag-two tone ang kulay ng paa nya pagtangal nya ng boots...nangingitim sa sakit..pero ok lang basta maka-pagsuot lang ng mga uso noon. Hay naku...dear friends...nakakabata talaga intong mga pinag-gagawa natin...kahit na malapit na tayong mag-golden years. We're not young...but we're youthful...that's more important...
Back to top Go down
TRIFEE

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Just an idea for the benefit of the current AHS students   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 5:45 pm

Suggestion: Can we have some project for the benefit the young students of Araullo High School, Manila?

Perhaps, our AHS Batch 1977 group can get in touch with the current principal of Araullo High School, Manila, and assess how AHS Batch 1977 can somehow be of service.

Say: enlightening messages from our group to the students, assist special exceptional students there like those student journalists, budding drama students, members of the explorer, prospective top 10 students, writing competition, painting arts competition, etc.

Somehow, we have to reach those poor AHS students who are passionate and working hard to make a change in their lives through education ... and help in our own smal way.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Thelma Pena-Meneses

PostSubject: AHS Students and AHS Batch77   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 6:51 pm

I like your idea Trifee. We have a lot of artists amongst us and we should be able to tap the latent talent of the youth. In addition, some of us can volunteer to conduct career talks. We can also ask some of batchmates to provide leadership forum...maybe once a month. I get inspired with some of us who made it despite the odds. James Cacho, one of our batchmates recalls that he used to sell paper bags in Quiapo to augment his college fees. He is now a successful interior designed/architect. If only you're here, a lot of students can get inspirations from you, too. What's important is we provide the youth the hope and the vision. They shouldn't give up with their current lot...they can write their own check and make it to the outside world...beyond the portals of AHS institution.
Back to top Go down
Susan Alonzo

Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: TAKE TIME   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:10 pm

To everybody HELLO THERE!!! Let me share this anonymous poem....

Take time to work -- it is the price of success.
Take time to think -- it is the source of power.
Take time to play -- it is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read -- it is the fountain of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly -- it is the road to happiness.
Take time to love and be loved --it is the nourishment for the soul.
Take time to share --it is too short a life to be selfish.
Take time to laugh --it is the music of the heart.
Take time to dream --it is hitching your wagon to a star.

I believe this anonymous poem demonstrates an enlightened attitute toward the scheduling of our daily lives.

TAKE TIME TO FORGIVE --IT IS TO HEAL OUR PAINS.

HAVE A JOYOUS CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!! santa
Back to top Go down
Roel/Letty Pelagio

PostSubject: A VERY WONDERFUL & LOTS OF FUN CHRISTMAS PARTY!   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:26 pm

Good day once again to all our dearest AHS batchmates!

Thelma -> you're very much welcome, of course, we sincerely condole with you & my husband Roel was very happy to finally met you personally, he said you're so warm & sweet to everyone. We're really very happy to see you & Bon during our "AHS Batch '77 First Christmas Party" last Sat., Dec. 8 (which was coincided with Racquel Pateña's birthday, kaya nga hindi siya nakaligtas nung kantahan namin siya ng happy birthday eh, she looks cute in wearing our school uniform, siyempre yung pang-girls na white blouse & marroon skirt without an ID nga lang & pls. take note na rubber shoes ang suot ni Racquel ha, instead of black shoes, she's a great host, may pagka-kenkoy at may pagka-mahalay, pero ok lang kasi "carry niya naman") that we attended since we graduated in high school, it's a different thing from our previous reunions. Remember Thelma that when we hugged each other, I whispered to you "how are you feeling", you smiled sincerely & told me that you're feeling better, which is good to hear. You look so feminine & refreshing that night with a slightly above the knee length cute dress. Ang daya mo, bakit hindi mo sinabing "you're the disco queen & si Eric Baylon ang disco king", magaling at bagay kayong dancing partner kahit impromptu ang dance number nyo. My God & you've got a great singing voice din, same as Elie na kahit medyo nahihiya ay bumanat din & ang galing! Ganun din our other batchmates na kasama sa videoke singing contest. I forgot the name nga nung nanalong best dressed sa male, but I knew his face. Tama si Thelma mga batchmates, naging super saya & almost everybody were sport enough to participate in all kinds of games na medyo may "double meaning", kung nahiya na humawak ng talong ang mga women, mas lalong nahiya at pinagpawisan ang mga men nung ipitin nila in between their thighs yung talong na hahawakan ng mga girls, imagine hindi sila basta makakaiwas, dahil nga just below their thighs lang ang hahawakang talong, ganun din ang basagan ng fresh eggs na nakatali sa waist ng mag-partner, at least yung egg ay nakabalot sa plastic, which was tied in front of their waists & hanging just knee level (boys & girls ang magka-partner), just visualize how their movements in hitting the fresh egg para mag-crack. Kaya talagang sumakit ang tiyan namin sa katatawa. Yes, Thelma, we will be posting soon some naughty shots we had in our camera.

Larry -> saludo ako sa iyo for being a "true & real gentleman", actually when you posted here about your honest intention to have peace with Racquel, I didn't comment anything kasi I'm very sure that you will make your correct & sincere move one of these days at nagawa mo na nga. Talagang you're such a "gentleman, in it's truest & deepest meaning". You're a rare man/friend to have & to find & I can say that me & Roel are lucky to have you as our friend forever & ever...

Elie -> finally we've met personally nung Christmas Party after we graduated in high school, you looked so smart, sexy & sosyal na bagay-na-bagay sa iyo. You're a belter talaga when it comes in singing kahit 1st time kitang narinig kumanta (same as Thelma & our other batchmates na nagsi-kanta that night). Hay naku Elie, isa ka sa matinding nagpatawa sa amin that night, dahil nga kinawawa mo ang talong, tapakan mo ba naman! Then sobrang hiya ka naman sa paghawak ng talong in between the thighs of our male batchmates, tawa ka rin ng tawa, bakit kaya?

Sa mga kasama naming mag-asawa sa table that night na sina : Freddie, Jun Papa, Eric Baylon, Manny Alvarez, Renato Lumapas, Edy Tumambing & Angel Soriano -> masaya kaming nakahalo-bilo kayo at ilang beses din kayong mga boys nag-toast for several drinks di ba. Medyo alalay lang ang husband ko kasi magda-drive pa siya that night para makauwi kami ng Cavite, we left the party 12:30 a.m. na & arrived home safely ng 1:30 a.m.

To all the officers & board members -> congratulations to all of you for the very memorable & funny atmosphere during our Christmas Party. Thanks too for your warm welcome & sincere beso-beso with smile in everyone's faces & handshaking as well! MABUHAY ANG BATCH 77. Thanks too for the very useful gifts that we received ha!

To all our dear batchmates (yung mga nasa abroad at sa mga hindi naka-attend) - "IN SPIRIT YOU'RE ALL IN OUR HEARTS & MINDS"!
Back to top Go down
Roel/Letty Pelagio

PostSubject: FRIENDSHIP IS FOR AHS BATCH '77!   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 7:47 pm

Thelma & Larry -> if anyone of you feels like posting my whole message or just a part of it about our Christmas Party sa QT Kamustahan, pls. do so, ok lang sa aming mag-asawa para naman ma-read nila ang buong puso naming pasasalamat to be a part of it especially sa mga officers & board members na very supportive & accommodating sa lahat na palaging naka-smile and thanks din pala sa carollers for serenading us, too pati na sa lahat na nagbigay voluntarily ng potluck cash while the carollers were singing a Christmas song siyempre! At ang isa sa pinakamasaya ay yung group picture ng lahat ng naka-attend & looking forward to see those couple of group shots & hoping to have a copy of it para maipost dito at sa QT Kamustahan, for everybody to see, di ba?

Trifee -> fyi, our guest speaker during our Christmas Party was an AHS alumni (batch 1962), she had a very good speech & stories about different batch of AHS' outreach program to help/assist those children of any batch who wishes to continue their studies but due to financial problem, they cannot. I'm sure, our batch, especially the present officers & board members are planning something like what you are proposing. I'm sure we will be updated as soon as they finalize it. Of course, as batchmates, we will give/offer whatever assistance we can extend para meron tayong matulungan to the "best possible/simplest way we can"

Susan -> again, thanks sa mga nice/religious/inspiration forwarded messages mo ha & I'm happy to read your new posted messages, please keep on posting kasi alam ko namang masipag kang magforward ng mga messages, sana pakisabay mo na ring magpost dito lagi, ok ba yon?

Prislette & Mareng ATG -> miss your posted messages here.

Dodie -> thanks & I'm happy to received your e-mail. I will reply it soon & hope you & your whole family are doing ok like us here

Pareng Sam, Dwight, Audie, Willie B., Nelson Torio, Manny Cortez, Fernando Labao & wife, Arvin & Tess & Kid, Tet Masongsong, Willie Guisihan, Robert, Vic, Leng, Jojie, Chat & to all others na nasa isip ko ang mga faces -> happy to have met you all nung Christmas Party natin!

Thought for the day: "One SONG can spark a moment, one IDEA can change a world, one STEP can start a journey & a PRAYER can change even the impossible one!" I love you
Back to top Go down
Roel/Letty Pelagio

PostSubject: Special Recognition/Awards given during the Christmas Party   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 8:01 pm

I almost forgot to mention in my 2 messages about the special awards given by the officers & board members to Thelma, Elie & Joey Umali (CONGRATULATIONS ULIT SA INYO HA!). Imagine pati early birds, ay may mga gifts din pala, 20 early birds ang binigyan nila. My husband Roel even kidded me that night kasi, sabay kaming dumating but it's only my name who is being recognized & called during the gift giving. I told him, na "inisa" na lang ang gift as husband & wife & name ko nga ang tinawag. But of course, Roel was very happy that night because it was his very FIRST TIME to attend such a gathering of our batch, kaya nga aside sa mga naging classmates namin, he got the chance to meet also his other classmates/batchmates in earlier years at nadagdagan pa ang mga nakilala niyang batchmates dahil nga friendly naman ang karamihan.

We really enjoyed this very first Christmas Party of our batch! Sana Maulit Muli (title yata ng song iyon ano?)! Razz
Back to top Go down
freddienicdao

Number of posts : 61

PostSubject: TOGETHER WE MULTIPLY SUCCESS!!!   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2007 9:20 pm

TOGETHER, WE MULTIPLY SUCCESS!! (How about making this as our theme on coming next reunions?)This is a conclusion that came into my mind after putting all together my observations on the things thats currently happening in our class. The just concluded AHS '77 Christmass Party is a good example . Its success is brought about by the eagerness and enthusiasm of each member of the class to contribute and do something for the class . Our batchmates who made good and succesfull in their different field of endeavors , unselfishly shared their blessings that eventually made a rippling effect to the whole batch. My congratulation to the current leadership who organized this year's Christmass Party and to all Member of AHS"77. I suggest next time let's make it a whole day affair mukhang bitin ang ilang oras lang.

Mathel and Letty made an interesting account on the highlights of the party and the pictures soon to appear on this Forum will tell it more.
I came from 3 parties last Friday and a lunch party on the same day ng party natin kaya medyo exhausted na ko that night plus the following day may activity pa ko kaya pinigilan ko na lang sarili ko na sumayaw. Kating kati na nga paa ko lalo na nang marinig ko music natin noon na MACHINE GUN at THE BUMP ng Commodores. Yesterday I slept at 5PM and woke up this morning at 7AM. Today is another long day for me in the office. We have to review again and finalize important reports for year 2007 and the remaining days is a catch up period for my group to hit company indicators.( SANA PURO PARTY NA LANG ) Smile Smile Smile

Best regards to all.
Back to top Go down
TRIFEE

PostSubject: Outreach the young "us" at Araullo High School!   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2007 11:11 am

Hello again my beloved AHS Class 1977 batchmates!

Yes! Outreach the young "us" at Araullo High School! This is where we came from, this is where we should return, in our own, small, little ways.

I have been thinking, while preparing to go to office today, Monday, 10 Dec 2007, while removing the snow from my car windows, and my wife's van windows. My thoughts continued as I was driving to Warden Station where I parked. Then, still thinking about our little project, I took the subway train to Ossington Station where I took the bus to office. Good thing, while it was not that cold ... a little below zero degrees centigrade, there was not snow storm.

Ok, here's what I thought I would share to our little project:

1. I can collect high school books from here along with my other many
books ... subjects like: algebra, calculus, science, history,
computers, literature, etc. You see, I love to go to Value Village
here. It is a trift store, "ukay-ukay" in the Philippines, where you
can buy all kinds of great 2nd-hand stuff at give-away prices, proceeds
of which go to charity. In fact, most of my t-shirts and snickers
came from stores like this.

2. Come Jan 2008, I can send a balik-bayan box containing all sorts of
books, a used computer set ( sys unit, keyboard, mouse, and monitor )
fully loaded with Windows OS, MS Office, and other software.

3. Each book and any other items donated will have the label:

Donated by the Araullo High School Batch 1977
to the students of Araullo High School Manila
January 2008

4. This box will be in the name of: from the AHS Class 1977,
addressed to the principal of Araullo High School
( or whoever at Araullo High School, our group will have contact ).

5. This box will be sent door-to-door in Jan 2008 and will take about 2
to 3 months to reach Araullo High School, Manila, Philippines from
Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

6. I would request someone from our group in Manila, to meet with the
principal Araullo High School to tell him/her of the plan.

7. I will need the following information in advance (to be send by email):
a. full name of the principal of Araullo High School
b. full address of Araullo High School Manila
c. telephone number of the principal of Araullo High School
d. cell phone number of the principalof Araullo High School
e. what kind of books do they need at Araullo High School

8. Lastly, we should have a monitoring panel from our group to
inspect and make sure that our donation has benefited our targeted
Araullo High School young students.

9. If some of our officers and members have the time: it would be
nice to have some picture-taking session with the principal of
Araullo High School with some students and our donation

============================================================ =========

Other items I would commit for Araullo High School for 2008:

1. Sponsor an essay writing competition for AHS students year 2008
2. Sponsor a poetry writing competition for AHS students year 2008
3. Sponsor a chess tournament for AHS students year 2008
Back to top Go down
TRIFEE

PostSubject: ARAULLO HIGH SCHOOL history trivia ...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 7:20 pm

ARAULLO HIGH SCHOOL history trivia ...

Arellano High School
Written by Mrs Elizabeth M Bartolome-Crisrobal - Class 1951

Arellano High School, the oldest in the second district of Manila and one of the best public institutions for secondary education, is located at Teodoro Alonzo Street, Sta Cruz, Manila. It was established in 1921 when the Manila High School was split into the Manila South High School (now known as Araullo High School) and the Manila North High School (which later became Arellano High School).
Back to top Go down
TRIFEE

PostSubject: ARAULLO HIGH SCHOOL trivia   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 9:33 pm

Back to top Go down
labornurse

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Hello   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 12:05 am

Hello everybody,

I'm glad that you all have enjoyed your Christmas party. Did I miss that announcement? I did not know that there was one, If I knew, I would have attended, too. santa Kidding aside, I was really glad that you all had a good time together, and there were games too, I heard. sayang, wala ako, nakasali sana ako sa " talong" contest. That would be so interesting.

Just writing a short note this time, I have been busy at work & at home, too. In fact, it is already getting late, gotta go to bed na. I still have to wake up at 5am to get ready for work.

Have a very wonderful holiday season to all !!

Love,
Prislette I love you
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: A PICTURE PAINTS A THOUSAND WORDS, HAAAY KAINGGIT...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:16 am

WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Ahs_pa10
THIS WILL BE QUICK, NAKIDAYO AKO SA MAY COMPUTER AT DALA DALA KO ANG AKING EXTERNAL HARDDRIVE JUST TO POST THESE PICS. ITO OKAY PERO YUNG IBA PIKIT MATA KONG IPOPOST, SALBAHE ITONG SI LETICIA ANG DAMING DAPAT KUNAN BAKIT YUNG GANITO WAAAAH, WALA KOANG MAGAWA KASI INE-EXPECT NG LHAT. LENG OKAY LANG DI AKO MAGAGALIT, RACQUEL THANKS HUH AT SA INYONG LAHAT. NAKU JO HETO IPOST KO ANG DALAWANG "OH NO" PICS.....

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: STRICTLY PARENTAL GUIDANCE, FOR ME THIS IS X-RATED, BEWARE..   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:22 am

WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Ahs_pa11
NGIEEEK, INGATAN ANG MGA BATA, BAKA MAKITA NG MGA APO NA NINYO SA TUHOD HEHE!!! ITO PA MAS MAHALAY, WALA AKONG MAGAWA. LORD FORGIVE ME!!!! FOR LETTY KNOWEST NOT WHAT SHE'S DOING HAHAHAAH!!!! LETICIA PEACE TAYO HA KAW TALAGA PINAGPAWISAN AKO DITO. PAGNAKITA AKO NG MISSION BOARD CHAIRMAN NAMIN BAKA MASUSPEND AKO. KAW TLGA.
WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Ahs_pa12
WALA BANG WHOLESOME ROEL? SINO KUMUKUHA NG PICTURES WAAAAAH!!!! ANG HALAY TALAGA!!!! PATAWARIN AKO, AYAW KONG MAIPIT ULI!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: SALAMAT NAMAN AT BACK TO WHOLESOME!!!   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:32 am

WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Ahs_om10

ANG TINDI NYO MGA BATCHMATES KASAMA NIYO PA SI JET LI? WHEW!!!!

SANA PO MAINTINDIHAN NYO NA HINDI KO MASAGOT MGA PREVIOUS MSGS NYO NASA KAPITBAHAY AKO KASI 2 LAPTOPS SA BAHAY 2 DESKTOPS BIKTIMA NG VOLTAGE SURGE NASA PAGAWAAN SILANG APAT. KAYA HETO NAKIKIDAYO. THELMA WHEN YOU CALLED SI MISIS KAUSAP YUNG MAY ARI NG BAHAY AT AKO RUSH NA GINAGAWA ITONG MGA MALASWA ESTENG MGA PICTURES NA ITO. NATATAKOT AKONG MAY MAKAKITA NG MGA TAGARITO SA BAHAY. NGIEEEK. SIGE PO. BUT SERIOUSLY I AM OVERWHELMINGLY HAPPY SA TINATAKBO NG ATING GRUPO!!! CONGRATS!!!

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: THELMA SALAMAT TALAGA   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 1:42 am

MALAKING TULONG YUN, WE'LL POST THE PICS OF OUR PUSO SA PASKO HERE AND SEND UNILEVER, TOO SOME PIC SOUVENIRS OF YOUR KINDNESS!!! BUSY NA KAMI SA PAGBABALOT DITO EH.

TRIFEE SALUDO AKO SA SUGGESTION MO.

HI PRISLETTE AND EVERYBODY!!!!

BYE NA PO AKO. MAGPOST DIN AKO NG PICS NAMIN SA BAHAY SA DAGUPAN WITH MY BROTHER-IN-LAW, FELIXBERTO BUSTOS LATER NA LANG OKAY!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS...   WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS... - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WELCOME AHS77 STARBATCH KAPIHAN ADDICTS...
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next